Sunday, June 5, 2011

10 Gift Ideas For Crochet Lovers


Being a crochet lover for both a hobby and a business, I have tried many crochet gadgets, books, patterns, and anything else associated with crochet.

My friends and family occasionally ask me what I want for Christmas or my birthday and I try to think of a new crochet gadget or a new crochet book that I would love to have. For the people that do not crochet, they have no idea what type of gift to buy for the person who loves to crochet. So, I put together a brief list of some of my favorite things related to crochet.

1. Storage Containers: If the person you are purchasing a gift for is anything like me, they have yarn overflowing all the containers in their house. Many of us crocheters can't walk into any type of craft store without browsing the yarn section. This means extra yarn which means we need extra storage. Good storage containers are wicker baskets lined with fabric, large plastic tubs, roomy totes, and floor caddies. There are floor caddies designed especially for yarn and accessories that can be found at craft stores and online at Herrschners.com.

2. Yarn: What crochet lover is not obsessed with yarn? There isn't a yarn made that I wouldn't love to have. Yarn comes in any color and texture imaginable. Yarn type examples are worsted weight, cotton, sport weight, baby yarn, sock yarn, afghan yarn, bulky or thick yarn, variegated yarn, etc. Find out what type of yarn is their favorite and head off to your local craft store.

3. Light Up Crochet Hooks: These hooks are really good to use for the crochet enthusiast that needs help seeing their stitches and when working with dark colored yarns. Light Up Crochet Hooks can be found in the bigger craft stores and online for about $7.95 each or $60.00 for a complete set.

4. Crochet Cushions: These are little cushions that slip on crochet hooks to help eliminate finger pain associated with using crochet hooks.

5. New Crochet Hook Case: Notice I added the word "new" to this one. My crochet hook case looks like my neighbor's dog, my cat and my 2 kids all played tug-of-war with it! For some reason, it is the one thing that I never purchase for myself. So, if your favorite crocheter's hook case has seen better days, buy them a new one!

6. Thera Glove: This glove is made of spandex and nylon and supports the hand and wrist helping to control soreness and fatigue associated with repetitious crocheting. They come in fun designs and cost about $20.00 a pair.

7. Crochet Stitch Books: I love looking at crochet stitch books. My favorite stitch book is titled "The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs". This book contains 500 stitch patterns that include colored diagrams and pictures. This is a wonderful reference book for the beginner and the expert crocheter! There are more crochet stitch books available in craft stores, book stores, and online at Amazon.com.

8. Crochet Stitch Calendar: My favorite crochet calendar is called "365 Crochet Stitches a Year". It is a perpetual calendar that has beautiful stitch patterns and colored pictures. This calendar can be purchased at places like Barnes & Noble or online at Amazon.com

9. Crochet Patterns: This one, I highly recommend, because I am a crochet pattern designer! There are many talented crochet pattern designers in the world today. In your local craft store, you can purchase crochet pattern booklets and books. You can purchase crochet patterns online at eBay, Etsy, LuLu and designers' websites. Simply search on the internet for "crochet patterns" and you will have many to choose from.

10. Gift Card to Favorite Yarn or Craft Store: This might be obvious to many of you, but any crafter loves a gift card to their favorite craft store!

I hope I have helped you come up with an idea or two on what to buy the crochet lover in your life. If you are wondering where to purchase any of the items above, try shopping at your local craft store, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, Herrschners.com and AnniesAttic.com.








Lesley Dietschy is a crochet pattern designer and the founder of http://www.HomeDecorExchange.com - Visit the Home Decor Exchange website for all of your home decorating needs.

To view her crochet patterns visit: http://www.eCrochetPatterns.com



This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment